Needing help with a Science Fair

Forum for off topic discussion.
VideoGameStar

Needing help with a Science Fair

Postby VideoGameStar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Ok, you may not know me for long, but as an 11th grade project, I have to do my final science fair, which requires interviewing many people. To add urgency, this is worth over 200 points, so I have to do this well. What I need is to you answer all these questions because the topic of my science fair is to find out more about the secrets of cellphone addiction. Every question is crucial, so I need you to answer as many questions as possible, If you can! I will link this topic to my signature since my need of help is dire, and I need as many answers I can get, so here's the interview!

1. What Gender are you?
2. How long have you been using a smartphone? (Don’t answer the rest of the questions if you said no or don't use any.)
3. How frequently do you use it? How long are those sessions?
4. What stuff do you use most?
5. Does your life depend a lot on your phone?
6. If you lose your phone, how would you react?
7. Do you feel your life is better in the virtual area, or in real life?
8. How do you identify yourself in both areas? Why is that?
9. Have you suffered any type of disease like Carpel Tunnel or Cancer because of your phone? Do you at least believe it so?
10. Is there an external influence (E.G. Friends, Strangers, your wife, etc.) to your use of the phone? How does it affect you?
11. If you believe you are addict, then why do you use your phone so much?
12. Why would having a phone be a matter of life and death to you?
13. What is your favorite social site?
14. What is your favorite game?
15. What is your favorite application?

I really hope I can count with your help, because if my science fair goes around like I plan, maybe I can post my investigation to the internet and contribute to these studies!
I need your urgent help with my Science Fair! Click the link to the topic I made in these forums to know more and answer the interview I need a lot of people to answer!

http://stepmaniaonline.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5219

SpoOkyGames

Re: Needing help with a Science Fair

Postby SpoOkyGames » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Well, since this is a simple answer for me, I will go ahead and answer.

1: Male
2: No/Don't use one.

Enjoy your first result. :P

~ SpoOkyMagician
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

Jousway

Postby Jousway » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:45 am

1. (HOW DARE YOU ASK MY GENDER I'MA LET YOU KNOW) I'm male
2. 2008
3. almost never aside from in bed every night for like 2 hours reading 9gag xd
4. 9gag
5. haha no
6. oh well
7. virtaul
8. as Jousway
9. nope
10. nope
11. nope
12. well I take a phone with me everywere (not just smartphones, like dumb phones when I go camping) cuz I want to have contact with help forces in case something goes wrong cuz I got diabetes and shit ya know
13. stepmania site :D
14. on phone? I dont really have one :/
15. 9gag xd
Its not a bug its a FEATURE!

misterkister

Postby misterkister » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:41 am

Well, dunno when your science fair stuff is due, but I'll put this in:

1. What Gender are you? Male
2. How long have you been using a smartphone? At least 2 years.
3. How frequently do you use it? How long are those sessions? Very frequently, mostly to take calls from my family. I don't know how long, maybe 5-10 minutes at the least.
4. What stuff do you use most? My laptop.
5. Does your life depend a lot on your phone? Not necessarily, but it's needed to get some stuff done if there's something going on.
6. If you lose your phone, how would you react? I will just save up money to go get another phone.
7. Do you feel your life is better in the virtual area, or in real life? Since I use computer a lot, most of them revolve around virtual area.
8. How do you identify yourself in both areas? Why is that? I act like random mister because I tend to do random stuff.
9. Have you suffered any type of disease like Carpel Tunnel or Cancer because of your phone? Do you at least believe it so? Nope.
10. Is there an external influence (E.G. Friends, Strangers, your wife, etc.) to your use of the phone? How does it affect you? Nope.
11. If you believe you are addict, then why do you use your phone so much? I'm not really an addict to phones, but it's kinda a rhetorical question because an addict will use a phone a lot for several reasons; one is entertainment, one is to hang out with friends, one for important calls, one for text message, etc.
12. Why would having a phone be a matter of life and death to you? You never know if you will get kidnapped, in desperate need to go to hospital, need a doctor appointment, or any critical situation you will be in. Plus, you may need it wherever you go when you have stuff to do.
13. What is your favorite social site? I don't have favorites. I can use facebook, twitter, smo websites, ffr, youtube, etc.
14. What is your favorite game? On phone, I don't play games.
15. What is your favorite application? I don't really know. It can be skype or whatever.

BarX

Postby BarX » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Okay, I'll bite, why not.

1. What Gender are you? Male.
2. How long have you been using a smartphone? (Don’t answer the rest of the questions if you said no or don't use any.) Don't use any. Never needed one in my life, and I still don't need one today. Granted, I would probably be glued to it.

owenviau1

Postby owenviau1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:25 pm

too late now for me but ill give it a try
1. Male
2. 6 Months
3. calling friends, hardly
4. Gmail
5. Yes, for my job
6. I would be so fucking pissed.
7. Yes
8. Owem, a toaster oven, Owem is my meme name and I can cook a really good cheese pizza
9. No, and No
10. No, I dont give a shit
11. hardly addicted, I dont use my phone so much
12. da fuq?
13. twitch.tv
14. Stepmania
15. Skype, Discord, and OBS (I have 3, if u only want one answer, than its OBS)

Return to “Off-Topic”