Project Mirai DX in the making by me plz help...

Discuss simfiles or song packs.
QTP12345

Project Mirai DX in the making by me plz help...

Postby QTP12345 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:52 am

Hi guys im still kinda new. i only been on stepmania less than a week and i found out that theres no 3ds miku songs on here....... i want to make the whole 49 song pack but im clueless on what to acually do and how to start making it.

EDIT: it will have beginner to expert FOR EACH SONG......

Im using DDreamStudios for stepmania 5 with DDR 2014 theme and i transferred my saved sm file to stepmania and when i try to play it the song starts then ends seconds later without my notes i go into editing mode in stepmania to see fi my notes r there and they r done in stepmania but they r not gone in ddream studios i do not know what to do??? ( i dont want to create the song in stepmania its hard that way )

foxfire667

Re: Project Mirai DX in the making by me plz help...

Postby foxfire667 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:31 am

So what you're saying is that you want to step a 49 song pack, with beginner to expert charts, all by yourself? Also, you are saying that you decided to undertake this project with less than a week of experience, and without knowledge of how to use the software you chose to make this content? Instead of putting the world on your shoulders, why not take it down a few notches and first review a few things:
- Learning how to sync and step in DDReam studio [User tutorial] [Official help documentation]
- Getting a feel for what patterns make up a file, and what goes into a good one [Stepping guide] [Picture dictionary] (Start at "Jumps:")
- Playing content from people which fits your playstyle (KB / Pad / Solo / ...) to familiarize yourself with things you do and don't like, and stepping techniques. Don't be afraid to open the editor in SM / DDReam and poke around.
- Seeing if, after that, you can sync and create one chart to a single file you are happy with, and try to get some user opinions about it.

If you're still very interested in stepping content after all that, then by all means go right in and pump out tons of files. Just be sure you're putting effort into keeping your charts synced and entertaining (for you, as stepping is what you want to do of course). I would also recommend avoiding making full charts (stepping all difficulties) of a file, unless you aim at making a beginner type progression pack. In the vast majority of cases, only the hardest difficulty of a file is chosen for play. This doesn't mean that your file can't be an easier one, but note that if you make a medium chart, the easy chart you spent time making will be basically unused.

Just get a feel for things and see how you like it, and if you still decide on making a pack by yourself after that, more power to you. If you finish I'll be sure to mirror it on SMO.

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:44 pm

First off i just want to say thank u bruh, i haven't use the links u gave me yet cause i just finished reading what u wrote to me. note i have been playing DDR since i was young my brother got me into it ( hes 24 and im 18 ) im confident that if i try my hardest i can succeed in this... i just need practice and such, like i should practice make some SM's of other music to help myself learn for the mirai pack ( i love that game i have it next to me XD ) btw its always gonna be pad style for expert i dont want to create anything too hard and weird. tho will tell u that my arrows will switch from beat to lyrics from time to time. i found out how to put files in correctly i think now i need to know how to really sync. i made beginner for Finder ( the first song in mirai ) if i can send it plz try it out to see how well i did on my first try, ( if its too slow up the speed cause its most likely to slow XD ) thanks again Bruh!!!

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:45 pm

i think i cant send it lol, tell meh how i can send it to yah plz

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:01 pm

also i synced it in ddream studio and then placed it in stepmania 5 and it got off sync for some reason do u know y? tho i did " mostly " fix it thats y its finished XD

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Just upload it to a file sharing site and then post the link. I recommend MEGA for long term storage, or Dropbox for short term stuff.

I am by no means that great at creating stepfiles, but I'll take a look at it if you post a link I can download it from. If it's synced in DDReam but not in SM 5 than either a setting you made didn't save, or your SM needs a global offset adjustment to work on your PC. Regardless I'll tell you how it fairs on my end, and hopefully we'll find out what is going wrong.

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:28 am

i guess i fixed the problem cause its not happening anymore ill hopefully give it to u by dropbox the first song finder i finished it 100% and i want u to try it out! give me a sec while i figure out dropbox...

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:38 am

i think i did it :D heres the song/preview of my pack! plz enjoy and give me your comments on how i did/ what i could improve on/ is it to easy etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ae33rzvz861v ... 2pkRa?dl=0

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Alright I've been rather busy, but I'll take a quick look since my arms are feeling okay. After playing it I'll just go over some more general things as opposed to taking it apart, I would probably be here a while otherwise. Immediately jumped to the most difficult chart, which is the main focus of the review (since it's the version where you shouldn't be holding anything back on, and is generally the first chart made).

Oops did some in-depth anyway:
- Shortly after the song started I noticed that nearly the entire chart is focused around the vocals, which are quite slow and simple compared to the rest of the instruments accompanying her. While a vocal oriented chart isn't inherently a bad thing, mostly lone vocals is not what I would expect from a multi charted file's most difficult version (unless the vocals are just that impressively fast on their own).
- Several sections of this file have 12th notes where 16ths should be instead (e.g. 21.454, 28.842, 36.688, 44.996, ...) Use of assist ticks and song speed changing help a lot with things like this.
- Your chorus sections have multiple holds which extend far beyond any lyric or instrument (e.g. 77.303, 85.611).
- Your chorus sections have multiple arrows which are not holds which should be, assuming you are trying to be consistent with which sound lengths should be holds (e.g. 80.765, 89.995).
- Your hardest chart doesn't step the 8th notes between the 4ths at 94.380 and other chorus repetitions thereafter.
- Note at 103.611 should be an 8th later instead.
- Hold at 110.534 and additional iterations is not one held pitch, but several smaller notes within the duration. Lyrics only and following PR it'd look something like this.
- Neglecting to step the beat at 117.919 is extremely noticeable, as you do some instrument stepping during the lyrical absence.
- Pad friendly edit to 119.303. Lyrics only, PR / pad balance. Can also apply to 126.686 or other iterations of this part of the song.
- Pad friendly edit to 134.073. Lyrics only, PR / pad balance. Can also apply to other iterations of this part of the song.
- Section starting at 146.534 is largely under-stepped. Lyrics are straight 8ths, which would make sense to step here, since you're stepping all lyrics anyway. You could have done 16th notes to piano roll at half speed, though that would be a difficulty spike which is probably unwarranted for a file or this difficulty.
- Missed 4th note lyric at 152.996
- Chorus loops after this, so same problems apply.
- Section starting at 187.150 is a bunch of really slow jacks. Considering the lively nature of the instruments, stepping the 4th kick for like 10 seconds is quite boring.
- Note on 210.535 and any beyond this are all ghost notes as the song has ended.
File was pretty much synced. Messed around a little and it seems like it's more around a constant 130bpm with an offset of ~1.627
Beginner
- I know it's beginner but holy hell those notes are spaced far apart from one another. Also with so few notes the PR problems are very much amplified.
Easy
- Looks more like a demonstration of basic pad patterns than it does something adhering to the sounds going on in the file. It's like a tutorial file with music in the background as opposed to me playing along with the music. The staircase while holding a note appears to be a bit of a spike in difficulty.
Medium
- This feels much more like a step of the lyrics and 4th kick than easy did, as opposed to tutorial patterns. The steps are hardly consistent, however that would be very boring if they were for sure. Oddly enough it appears like difficulty for medium is actually higher in various areas due to the 4th kick stepping that hard so often lacks. Hard could benefit from some 4th kick steps, or just additional instrument stepping to make it stack up to a minimum of the medium difficulty all the way through.

General:
- When possible, try to account for pitch relevance (PR) when stepping. This is the idea that pitch fluctuation should affect the way arrows are placed on the chart, typically where higher pitched sounds are stepped to the right, and lower ones to the left, and their position being relative to other pitches being hit within the last few notes. This is especially important when you are only stepping one instrument or aspect of the file, and it's apparent when the pitch is increasing or decreasing during it's play (due to having only one or two arrows to hit at once). PR is a guideline, and helps with immersion, but shouldn't over prioritize things like flow or the general difficulty level of your step.
- Try to account for layering when stepping as well. Layering is the idea that the number of sounds being stepped, and their apparent intensity within the song at certain sections, will have an impact on the number of arrows being placed in the chart at any given point. Mostly you focused on stepping only one thing at a time, and often times when a jump was created, there really wasn't an intensity difference from the rest of the content around it (e.g. 17.996 vs 21.668, 29.765 vs 36.668, 53.765 vs 55.149 or any other 4th in that whole area, ...).
- Play things over a ton of times to ensure everything makes sense relative to everything else. Sometimes you get caught up doing one thing in a section, and a different thing on another one. The file as a whole can suffer for it if you aren't careful.

Note that this file you made is far better than anything I tried to make when I first started, and that you have a fairly decent grasp on syncing. This is only intended to give you helpful info, not to put you down in any way. Keep working on stepping, practice makes perfect after all!

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:17 pm

OMG this is so AWESOME thank u for your smarts!!!........:

-yeah i need to not just only focus n the vocals lol it was my first so i got mixed up in it cuase ( i love japanese vocals etc XD )
-eh idk it seems to be a good marvolous at the right time :/
- lol ik i did that to be DIFFERENT iv never seen that in a ddr song lol go me XD
-i feel that a hold on each little 1 would have been a little 2 much dont cha think?/ OH wait i get what u mean! yeah ill be thinking about that if i do something like that again
- i do not know what u r talking about here XD it seemed fine to me!
- XD yeah i see that i fucked up there
-i get it, i didnt think of that untill i was acually stepping in stepmania 5 XD the way u done it is the way i should have done it but i was thinking there should a hold with it also if u know what i mean
-yeah i get it remind u i was focusing to much on lyrics
-nah thats too much theres only 1,2,3,4 not 1,2,3,4.5,5 but i could have done something different in this whole area tho lol
-like i said before i should have did something different to that whole part its too easy XD i guess u can count it as a break? breaks maybe good u know?
-its great the way it was tho u have to know that after that piano roll i copy and paste a lot of arrows from the beginning chorus XD ( lazy lol )
-i didnt miss anything at there buddy ._. idk what your talking about lol
-yep
-i see boring i get what u mean ;)
-the song has ended yes but if u listen REAL CLOSELY u can hear the Hi-hat fade off 3 times lmfaoo ( i just wanted them in lol )
Beginner
- nah its good leave the beginners alone XD ( this is something my gf would like she is bad at the game but she LOVES it and she loves that im making this pack
Easy
- Thats great! i dont see the spike :/
Medium
- so u saying medium is harder than what it should be???? and remember i love japanese shit lol

This was an epic journey talking to u lmfaoooo XD im going to showcase 2 more songs and then the rest of the pack is gonna be worked on in private........ ima start working on then hopefully soon give me till monday to get the second song out called " sweet magic " im going in order from the game marai it self.......

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:22 pm

also it seems to me like sometimes u mistake expert mode with challenge mode ;) its only expert lol chill smh.

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Sorry this project is closed and will not be worked on anymore due to the lost of the program DDreamStudios and i cant find it anymore. again sorry i tryied my best when i could

QTP12345

Postby QTP12345 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Also i messed the song up trying to sync the video of the song for finder for the song XD ;-;....... i cant fix it because again i dont have the program DDreamStudios

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Hey, it's kind of a shame if you'd drop all the work you've put into this just because you lost your editor program.

Just wanted you to know that if you're still motivated to work on this pack, there is actually an alternative program you can try called ArrowVortex. It's being actively developed by a friend of mine and offers many of the features and handiness that DDReamstudio has, while improving on them and many other aspects. It's slowly being adopted by various step artists with lots of positive feedback.

You can download it here: https://arrowvortex.ddrnl.com/
And follow active discussions / offer feedback here: https://www.ddrnl.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=156

Jousway

Postby Jousway » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 am

I could give you ddream, but I would recomend using arrowvortex instead
Its not a bug its a FEATURE!

Return to “Simfile Center”