Help with Stepmania

General stepmania and stepmania online discussions.
VideoGameStar

Help with Stepmania

Postby VideoGameStar » Tue May 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while, but right now, I'm facing more problems in stepmania than ever (Yes, I think I fucked it up). It started with the scrolling sounds (everywhere) not being present, and now, I'm facing this new problem that whenever I choose to test a certain song in edit mode and choose to play the song from current beat, it somehow jumps back to the beggining and the judgment does not appear. I have tried everything I could think of: searching options; nothing related. Uninstalling the game; nothing, still the same. Replacing the _fallback metrics.ini with the original from Stepmania, not even helping. Even placing back-up folders and removing the original Stepmania folders the themes, songs and everything they were in. I really can't seem to fix this problem, and I can't even find the words appropiate and relevant enough to look it up in Google. Please, I really can't work or play in worsenning conditions :(
I need your urgent help with my Science Fair! Click the link to the topic I made in these forums to know more and answer the interview I need a lot of people to answer!

http://stepmaniaonline.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5219

SpoOkyGames

Re: Help with Stepmania

Postby SpoOkyGames » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Err... That's new to me... I will see if I can reproduce. Although, I doubt it. You are running SM5 correct?

Edit: I don't think I can reproduce it. Unless... Did you accidentally add a warp anywhere? That is the only thing I can think of...
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Wed May 31, 2017 4:15 pm

I pressed a button wrong at one point which disabled the scolling sounds, save sounds, and typing sounds. And now, something's wrong (across all themes) that now I can't play a section of a song anymore. Idk if theres a settings file that stepmania doesn't install, but something is totally wrong...

Tried again today... still can't do it. It starts normally, and then it just goes back to the beggining. No accidental warps either.

Ok, I dunno if it's a glitch in the song-sync system the game has, but my other songs don't reproduce this situation. It's only the song I used audio-sync on.
Last edited by VideoGameStar on Wed May 31, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need your urgent help with my Science Fair! Click the link to the topic I made in these forums to know more and answer the interview I need a lot of people to answer!

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Wed May 31, 2017 4:51 pm

That sounds like you disabled the audio volume from the debug menu... Check this by holding down the F3 key, press F5, and press T a few times to see if that fixes it. It should be at 100% volume. You could try checking the other settings in there as well but, don't press 5... that one starts monkey input... This one is horrible...

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Wed May 31, 2017 5:55 pm

SpoOkyGames wrote:That sounds like you disabled the audio volume from the debug menu... Check this by holding down the F3 key, press F5, and press T a few times to see if that fixes it. It should be at 100% volume. You could try checking the other settings in there as well but, don't press 5... that one starts monkey input... This one is horrible...

Fixed it. Ironically, it wasn't T, it was that I must have reproduced the F3 + A command while I was carrying my keyboard while I was playing (since it is botherful to sit down or bend over to press the buttons during selection. What happened there was that I muted Actions, accidentally.

What Apparently I don't get yet, is the problem in edit mode that I've been facing with that specific 1 song right after activating Audio Sync feature... It's still happening... maybe I should write down the info for the song, delete the steps completely, then see if it worked. If yes, then the Sync feature is horribly bugged.

No... apparently, it's happening with the songs in the new song pack I'm making...

Extra info: It's only happening with the Pokemon Conquest songs I've downloaded (great... at least it's not worse :yay: ). I checked the properties, and it doesn't say it's protected (another :yay:)

Tried deleting the songs, then downloading them... didn't work. It only glitched when I wanted to start from any point when song audio was present... Couldn't it glitch to a random area of the song at least?

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Is the song mp3? Try converting it to ogg. VBR can screw things up with sync. It might be possible it's resetting the position as well because of VBR. They have all kinds of problems with sync. That is the only thing I can think of. Unless you build the game source code... If so, that is another problem... The master branch is currently broken in autosync.

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:55 pm

SpoOkyGames wrote:Is the song mp3? Try converting it to ogg. VBR can screw things up with sync. It might be possible it's resetting the position as well because of VBR. They have all kinds of problems with sync. That is the only thing I can think of. Unless you build the game source code... If so, that is another problem... The master branch is currently broken in autosync.

That's strange. I didn't think auto-sync had that many problems. I'll try to convert it and update you, but first, I have to make Mars War 3 CDP, I had the idea and I don't want to lose it...

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Autosync Song *was* fine until the newfield. It doesn't work with Autosync yet. Perhaps later it will.

Edit: As for VBR, I believe that was always a problem. I just never knew about it until recently. I found out from the devs.

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:26 am

SpoOkyGames wrote:Autosync Song *was* fine until the newfield. It doesn't work with Autosync yet. Perhaps later it will.

Edit: As for VBR, I believe that was always a problem. I just never knew about it until recently. I found out from the devs.

And what is VBR, exactly? I never heard of it before, and apparently, it has a relation with auto-sync.

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Variable Bit Rate. It's preferred to have Constant Bit Rate with SM.

Return to “General Stepmania Discussions”