DDR Challenge Series Official Website/Post

Discuss simfiles or song packs.
VideoGameStar

DDR Challenge Series Official Website/Post

Postby VideoGameStar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Welcome to the Challenge Series' Official Website

Note: There is a notice in one of my newsbumps. Details can be found there (since the main post is so big, you might get lost)

Note: I need help on coding .lua language into the theme. See the red text for more info

Intro:

Spoiler: show
Welcome to the challenge series website!! In here you will find all the latest info and news on the challenge series song pack series, and it’s derivatives (themes, announcers, noteskins, etc.). First of all, please note that Challenge Series can be abbreviated to CS, so please be aware and do not confuse the abbreviation with the Console Series.

Here are other abbreviations you should know about:

SM = Stepmania
SMO = Stepmania Online
DDR = Dance Dance Revolution
ESP = Expert Singleplayer
CSP = Challenge Singleplayer
USP = Ultra Singleplayer
BSP = Boss Singleplayer
DSP = Difficult Singleplayer
BsSP = Basic Singleplayer
BgSP = Beginner Singleplayer
If you see these abbreviations with DP instead, then I’m referring to Double play
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival/Launch/Upload
ASAP = As soon as Possible
CSXX = Challenge Series X-tremiX

If you’re looking to download the song pack immediately, you can look for DDR Challenge Series in the ‘downloads’ page, or go to the Downloads section of the page. However, the structure of the pack is unorthodox, so you might want to read the next section.

About the Challenge Series:

The Challenge Series is a song pack where some of your favorite DDR songs (even those inexistent in none of the games) are made even harder (mainly in expert, other levels may not apply). The songs are designed to do in pad, and not with total focus on rhythm, so some steps may be intentionally flawed, and most of the time, fixes happen to fix turning issues or incorrect quantization (due to bad synergy). I aim for DDR CS to become a combination of sport, dance and rhythm, with even more difficulty than DDR itself. Later on, I hope create an alliance with Konami/Bemani (double team time!) so . You can look in the Future Updates section to learn what will be changed.

If you are looking for a bigger challenge than Valkyrie Dimension, Paranoia Revolution, Over the Period, Egoism 440, ENDYMION and other songs, then you are looking in one (of many) of the right places! This song gives you many songs rounding around ESP 11 to USP 20 (and some CSPs too). Later on, the Lv.20 threshold will be exceeded to 21, 22, or even 23 (mostly, CSP charts are more likely to reach up here).

In the making:

If you want something cool too, I’m making a new theme for this song pack, specifically, CS (not CS2). The song pack will feature many obscure colors, featuring Black and Yellow, along with a whole new style of gameplay! That’s all I can give for the theme, and plus, I can’t promise much difference from other themes if nobody is willing to help me out with .lua coding. Only me and anyone who wants to help out will know what I have in store for the Challenge Series Theme

I am also, getting ready an update for CS, which might include a couple of Doubles Charts and fixes to some patterns. No sneak peeks yet, I have many things to do, so there is no ETA yet. I can say, some things have changed, but I’ll keep them omitted until some time. I don’t want hype before everything is ready. So far, the updates are gonna be big, so it'll take a little longer, but since I have found a bit of stable internet, I might give uploading a notch once it's ready.

Future Updates Planned:

New Doubles Charts
New Challenge Charts, but no promises!
More Background video patterns
Fixes to Some Step Patterns
Changes to Song Images
Expect some Re-Scaling in some charts.
I might add new songs. Mainly to CS because the logic in having a mix without it's original is flawed, especially when we're talking about famous DDR songs.

Downloads:
Challenge Series v1.04: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-L_-kiO3AAwzM68Br-1zLVSzwjodjvqa

Challenge Series v1.05: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13-hxy13ZTxNViCKaMry_dBvD-ZzMzMXQ

Challenge Series X-tremiX v1.01: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vubs2Z4cRIMlGlrMvtjuiSAQkCBE7Scq

Challenge Series X-tremiX v1.02: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15mRiTyoGMmgsPcpvKocaIViA9BrE4YSC

Challenge Series Courses: Coming Soon![/spoiler]

Events:
Challenge Series:
Backwards Remix comes live! Backwards Remix is an Extra Attack event where you unlock songs via extra stage. Unfortunately, I don't know how to create an extra stage system, we'll all have to do some manual labor.
Unlock Rerquirements:
AA in SN2 format (950,000) the Expert chart or pass the Challenge Chart with 4 lives on. Goods hurt your lives here, make sure your song pack does this!

Challenge Series X-tremiX:
X-tremiX Challenge also comes with CSXX v1.01, where some songs you might recognize have recieved their Extra Stage Exclusive Challenge Charts. Likewise, you'll have to do things manually and be a bit active here for the following:
AA in SN2 format (950,000) the Expert chart or pass the Challenge Chart with 4 lives on. Goods hurt your lives here, make sure your song pack does this!

How to Unlock Songs:
PM me a picture of you clearing the songs under the requirements stated below each event. It can be done either on Pad (as intended) or on Keyboard (shortcut to unlocks). Then, as soon as I get online and notice your message, I will review the image and then send you the next individual file of the event system. It keeps going on until I send you a "Congratulations! You completed <event>. You should be proud of yourself." It can differentiate depending on the event.

Play requirements:
Play in Extra Stage or simulate Extra Stage. The Extra Stage is as follows:
Battery: 4 Lives
Goods hurt your combo and lives. Make sure your theme follows this rule!
The following mods are allowed: Speed (Xmod only), Boost, Turn, Appearance (Stealth, Hidden, Sudden), Step Zone mods, Screen Filter and Custom Noteskins are allowed. Do not use mods that give you an unfair advantage!
Timing and Life difficulty are not going to be looked at, so you can be lazy and pass with timing difficulty 1, or try to be Mr. Hotshot
and clear it with Timing Diffuclty Justice or 8 :D #braggingrights

Update notes:
Challenge Series v1.01

All the songs have now the -Challenge Special- (and some catchy derivatives with the original subtitle)
Added a lovely jacket made by me for Trip Machine PhoeniX
Trip Machine Phoenix Rerated to ESP 19
CSP 19 chart for Healing-D-Vision has been added. Get ready for a full 360-degree crossover spin!
Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) Now has Doubles Charts for DDP and ESP!

Challenge Series v1.02

New Doubles Charts!
Star Gate Heaven Future Challenge Special DDP
Star Gate Heaven Future Challenge Special EDP
BUTTERFLY UPSWING MIX Challenge Special DDP
Healing-D-Vision ESP Re-rated to Lv.16
Fixed some steps in the Middle of No Limit RM Challenge Special ESP, giving the turns that I desired originally
THEME FROM ENTER THE DRAGON ESP Re-Rated to 14 -- Those Freeze +8ths are quite difficult
MAX 300 CS recieved a new BG movie!
Star Gate Heaven Future Challenge Special Recieved a new BG movie!

Challenge Series v1.03

Healing-D-Vision Challenge rerated to 20
Healing-D-Vision Expert rerated to 17 (unbelievably, it is one of the hardest 17s in CS)
MAX 300 begins to make an appearance with it's Lv.10 Basic Doubles Chart
No Limit DDP added
Wild Rush makes the first easy doubles chart in CS! Lv.3 Basic Chart added
MAX 300 Basic rerated to 10.
MAXX RESURREXXION Basic rerated to 12
New song! Trip Machine is now live

Challenge Series v1.04

New Jackets to: Abyss, MAX 300, MAXX RESSURREXXION, MAXX UNLIMITED, STAR GATE HEAVEN (Future Love Mix).
New Difficult Doubles Chart to AM-3P (AM EAST Mix)
Dragon Blade DSP rerated to 10 (from 11)
BOOM BOOM DOLLAR (K.O.G G3 Mix) DSP rerated to 10 (from 11)
New Basic Doubles chart to RHYTHM AND POLICE (K.O.G G3 Mix)
New Difficult Doubles Chart to TRIP MACHINE
MAXX RESURREXXION RESURREXXS to the dance scene with it's first Doubles Chart (basic)
Super Star DDP now available in the dance floor :D
MAX 300 CSP rerated to 22
Healing-D-Vision ESP got a partial fix (so far)
Healing-D-Vision CSP got a fix!
New USP chart for Healing-D-Vision!
New DDP chart for Healing D-Vision!
Remakes for: MAX 300 ESP and CSP, MAXX UNLIMITED ESP, The Legend of MAX ESP.
Total Makeover of TRIP MACHINE PhoeniX
All beginner charts rate differently from other charts. See this document to learn more:
MAX 300 Challenge Special got a new Background!
Fixes to No Limit ESP and USP, new CSP chart.
Fixed Dragon Blade ESP
CAPTAIN JACK CSP rerated to 16.
New CSP chart for SUPER STAR FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX
Fixed Star Gate Heaven Future Love Mix ESP and DSP
New Abyss ESP Chart
New AM-3P (AM EAST Mix) ESP chart
New DDP Chart for MAX 300 CS
Remakes to B4U CS BsSP, DSP, ESP, CSP.
Remakes to B4U B4 ZA BEAT Mix BsSP, DSP and ESP
New CSP chart for B4U B4 ZA BEAT Mix
Fix to BOOM BOOM DOLLAR K.O.G G3 CS ESP
Fix to BUTTERFLY (Upswing Mix) CS ESP
Before CS, I did not knew the X2 version was a fix to the first version. Gonna give a new stepchart layout with the new version, as well as a new USP chart.
Rhythm and Police ESP remade.
Silent Hill X-Mas Special ESP fixed a bit, and CSP remade
New Jacket for B4U

Challenge Series v1.05

New Jacket for BOOM BOOM DOLLAR (K.O.G. G3 Mix)
Remake for Healing D Vision ESP :smirk: Should have done that a loooong time ago. Better late than never :D
New Healing D-Vision EDP O.O Here comes the boos! (instead of boom)
New BDP chart for MAXX UNLIMITED Here it comes!
New DDP chart for MAXX RESURREXXION. Resurrect, my dear dancer!
New EDP chart for MAX 300. Well, I guess they got rid of the rulebook :smirk:
Slight fixes for Higher (next morning mix) ESP.
Remake for HYSTERIA 2001. Less jumpy, but slightly streamy
Improvements to Wild Rush From Nonstop Megamix ESP
Remake to Wild Rush From Nonstop Megamix CSP
New Ultra SP chart for Wild Rush From Nonstop Megamix. Your dance will now spin like a disco ball *v*
New Abyss Basic DP chart
New B4U Basic DP chart. How bad can it be?
New Basic DP chart for Healing Vision (angelic mix). The trilogy of this song is complet-- wait, something's missing
Trip Machine Phoenix got a Basic DP chart :)
Wild Rush (From Nonstop Megamix) got a DDP chart :D
The Legend of MAX got a Basic DP chart. I think that should be every boss with a doubles chart :D
New bg sequences to: Healing D-Vision, MAXX UNLIMITED, MAXX RESURREXXION.
Fixes to THEME FROM ENTER THE DRAGON DSP
Remakes to THEME FROM ENTER THE DRAGON ESP, CSP
New CSP chart to TRIP MACHINE PhoeniX. Brace yourselves
Tino's White Horse ESP got some fixes to it's pattern. Trot without looking backwards (unless you dare to)

Challenge Series X-tremiX v1.01

All Beginner Charts Rate Differently from other charts.
Total Fix to Trigger. New Charts across all levels
Fix to Votum Stellarum ESP.
Fixes to SOUL CRASH ESP and DSP
SOUL CRASH BsSP Rerated to 9
Taj he Spitz ESP Rerated to 13
Fixes to Taj he Spitz ESP and DSP
Fixes to Taj he Spitz (Tommie Sunshine's Brooklyn Fire Re-Touch) ESP and DSP
Fix to Why Not ESP and DSP
Small fix to the wording in the Fixed Songs document. It's not BSP, it's ESP
Fix to Time Hollow ESP and DSP
Fix to Uranus ESP and DSP
Added bg sequences to Uranus and Why Not.
Total Makeover for Slip Out.
Total Makeover for Slip Out (Bounce in Beat Mix)
Fix to Time Hollow DSP and ESP
Given a BG Sequence to Dance Floor
Fixes to Dance Floor DSP
New (and hopefully better) stepchart to Dance Floor.
New BDP Chart for Shades of Grey

Challenge Series X-tremiX v1.02

Fixes to Horatio ESP
New Horatio CSP chart. If you thought it couldn't get any worse, then brace yourself.
All Xmixes got new step sequences. Too many fixes for some of the Xmixes'original purpose, so maybe Xmixes should have something different in mind.
Teaser: You'll notice some Xmixes showing hints of challenge charts for their representing songs. Could this mean...?
Flourish BsDP was added to the pack :D
New basic doubles chart for On the Bounce. Bouncy!
On the Break gets its BsSP chart! Let the party begin!
New BsSP chart for Puzzle. Figures... :smirk:
New DDP chart for Taj he Spitz (Tommie Sunshine's Brooklyn Fire ReTouch). Guess which song's charts are harder in doubles?
New DDP chart for Taj he Spitz CS. Nothing out of the ordinary... yet :mischevous grin:
New DDP chart for Why Not. Because, why not? :innocent smirk:
New BsSP chart for Take a Chance. Let's take a chance and relax
New DDP chart for Shades of Grey. Lots of balance required.
New Background sequence for Shades of Grey CS
New Background Sequences for Taj He Spitz ReTouch, Waiting 4 U, and SOUL CRASH
Waiting 4 U ESP Chart complete makeover.

Help Wanted:
I’m working on the SM5 (changed from SM3.9) Theme for the Challenge Series, but making the code necessary to make everything work is very hard… So, I need help, mainly on the .lua language (because I can make the graphics for everything, as well as a couple of sounds), because I’m having a hard time to understand it, and reading the manual might take me some time. Plus, I want to change a couple of things into something different, and because I have little experience on .lua coding (pretty much, NONE), Doing this will take WAAAY longer. So, obviously, you will be helping out of your own will, there is no payment for doing this, but your name will appear along with my IGN (VideoGameStar) when the “created by” thing is visible.

Last Updated:

February 3, 2017 – Full Restructuring of the Webpage.
February 12, 2017 - Challenge Series v1.01 update finally uploaded
April 21st, 2017 - Challenge Series v1.03 update announced (I lost track of the previous updates)
July 12th, 2017 - Added spoilers to make sure you can go straight to what you want to read. Also, Challenge Series X-tremiX is finally here!
November 24th, 2017 - Small changes, a bit more clues about the next update? Oh well, happy thanksgiving!
January 9th, 2018 - Added the new updates to Challenge Series and Challenge Series X-tremiX. Hello v1.04 and v1.01.

Enjoy the Challenge Series! Will bump this post by any means available when updated again.
Last edited by VideoGameStar on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:49 am, edited 13 times in total.
I need your urgent help with my Science Fair! Click the link to the topic I made in these forums to know more and answer the interview I need a lot of people to answer!

http://stepmaniaonline.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5219

VideoGameStar

Re: DDR Challenge Series Official Website/Post

Postby VideoGameStar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I last updated this. If you look below in the green and purple text, you will see some extra information about the challenge series, so expect an update!
I need your urgent help with my Science Fair! Click the link to the topic I made in these forums to know more and answer the interview I need a lot of people to answer!

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Ok, maybe you have not noticed (doubtfully, unless you barely know about CS, since I haven't seen anyone downloading it-- maybe.), but I restructured the whole webpage. Let's see if there is some better organization in there so you can find what you want in a flash without reading everything.

The Red text or Help Wanted section shows what I need help with in the theme, since I'm developing it. Progress has been slim, mainly because I need to play my cards right and according to plan.

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 am

Ok, so I need a mirror for this updated song pack in the Downloads page. When I checked to download the previous version to my tablet, it wasn't there, so I had to send this update now. enjoy!

The link is SUPPOSED to be in the main page of the challenge series... well at least the original Google Drive Link. I uploaded it just now (see this post's timestamp) so, yeah, what is left is a mirror. Thanks for supporting CS!

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Whoops, forgot to open up some info for the mirror, sorry!

Mirror info:

Name: DDR Challenge Series
Filesize: I kind of think it should be displayed...
Type: Pad (even though some steps have hands)
Date: The date it was uploaded to the downloads page

Additionally, I should have updated the thread with some more info on Challenge Series v.1.02, and Challenge Series XtremiX

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Challenge Series v1.02 is now out! You can now download it now in the official webpage!

TonyAkita

Postby TonyAkita » Thu May 25, 2017 4:49 pm

This sounds interesting. I may download it to see what it's like.

VideoGameStar

The Challenge Series X-tremiX song pack is out!

Postby VideoGameStar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:12 am

Updated the thread with the most recent news.

VideoGameStar

Postby VideoGameStar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 am

Another update is out! This one at least gets closer to what I have in the Dev Build.

Return to “Simfile Center”