Introduce Yourself

Forum for off topic discussion.
Hydrophobias

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Hydrophobias » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi all :), my nick is Hydrophobias, but my real name is Marco, I live in Catania, I met StepMania simply because I love music games, are from 7 months on BSM and 2 months on Stepmania(offline) :p, wandering around the web I found step and I decided to try it, I say fantastic, I hope the community will widen semppre more, and say that we see for the forum or in game :yay:

aleph27
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby aleph27 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi, i'm from Italy too (but at the opposite part, Friuli). I've watched your video, can't believe you've played the game for so little.

Hydrophobias

Postby Hydrophobias » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:53 pm

jose9999999

Postby jose9999999 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 am

Hola!

My name is Jose Luis, I'm from Mexico. Currently, i am 15 years old, and i am a regular index/keyboard SM player and animator.
I'm been playing Stepmania since i was six years old. That means, that i started playing since 2006... And then i saw this around 2013, when i saw it from the FFR Forums. And basically, it started out like everyone would normally do. I was confused.

At that time, i kinda got the english vocabulary right, so i had a little problem while i was trying to talk to everyone in the place.
Seven or eights months ago, i met some people from the community, like KcHecka, Spooky, Science (Now Sciencetherat for some reason...) Junko, and some other people that i can't really write their name right. Recently.
I started knowing that there was a stepmania community when i watched WinDEU's videos. Then i tried to do everything just to get attention, but like always... i didn't worked. Until a few weeks ago, when i met MIKO (usernamehere555) who at least teached me how to use the .xml stuff to make modded songs for 3.95/OpenITG.

When i started playing Stepmania 5, i was hooked with all of its new design. It was the time when i was really getting into modding in general. I wanted to recreate something similar to all of those 3.95 modders did... So i started making mod songs from old packs, to see what would happen. I always thought that I was the first one to do mod songs in Sm 5... But then...

So, here i am right now. I'm making a pack again, with the mod songs that i wanted to map and the everything. Also, i started making animations, on MikuMikuDance... wich is something i wouldn't expect to be truth. But yeah.
Also, next year, is gonna be my 10th anniversary with this game, wich is alredy a long time, gonna be honest. But still, this game has a really nice community of people that i can communicate with, because sometimes, I'm just bored and i wanna play something.
I make animations on MikuMikuDance. Go check it out. If you want...

I thinking about a video... Ok?

Nickito12
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nickito12 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Hello there! Im Nick (or Nick12 in smo). I started playing stepmania around march of 2015 and I´ve been playing online on SMO since day one.
Stepmania was the first rhythm game i ever played so it was a bit hard to start.
Currently I´m a D4 player(below average I guess).
These past few months I´ve gotten into simfile making, but i can´t say I´m good at it(yet)

Glad to see the forum´s back!

GruzzlyBear

Postby GruzzlyBear » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey! I'm GruzzlyBear, and I've been playing spread for about a year now.
I'm about D2-D3, and StepMania was the first game I really got into.
I also play osu! and ITG.

ALSO HOLY SHIT THE FORUM IS BACK

SpaceGorilla

Postby SpaceGorilla » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi I'm SpaceGorilla!
I'm a D1 player who has played StepMania for about 2.5 years up to this point; 2 years spread approx.
I've been able to pass Springtime Medium difficulty, which I consider my highest achievement in life thus far.

GG Cube on forum revival!
I'm from space.

And I'm a gorilla.

Kirby5464

Postby Kirby5464 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi, guys.
I'm Kirby5464, i've played stepmania index charts since 2013, but quit in 2014 and come back on 2015.
I'm from Malaysia!
My SMO profile : http://stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?pa ... &uid=23489

Also, i'm glad to see the forum is back!
“The world says: You have needs -- satisfy them. You have as much right as the rich and the mighty. Don't hesitate to satisfy your needs.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Uberknife

Postby Uberknife » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Heyo!

A little bit newer to SMO, but I've been playing DDR since DDRMax, and I'm a crazy fan for this game. I currently live in the middle of nowhere in USA, and the middle of nowhere has no DDR machines :(

Can't say I'm good, but I enjoy playing!

Kayninc

Postby Kayninc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:41 am

Hi there! I played Stepmania since around 2007 and I always love playing this game! Stepmania is one of my favorite games honestly! I'm 32 and I live in the province of Quebec, Canada. Nice to meet you all!

zintho9

Postby zintho9 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

Hey babes,
I'm zintho, current resident of Hell (Florida). I've only been playing stepmania seriously for maybe two months, so I'd like to think I am at a good level http://stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?pa ... &uid=26580. My friend Alex got me into SM at a LAN party, and now I have been consumed. :yay:

OmegaAlphaGaming

Postby OmegaAlphaGaming » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:10 am

Hi!

I'm OmegaAlphaGaming, but you can call me "Omega". Everyone seems to do so anyway :P

I'm from the Netherlands, I got into Stepmania after I first played Dancing Stage (European DDR) Hottest Party 1-3, then I saw a Supernova machine, and I wanted it really badly at my home cuz at the Time we were in 'Murica. Then my Dad introduced me to a program he found called "Stepmania" where I could hook up a Pad and play some Songs from Supernova. Over the years, I got used-er to the Keyboard and now I play StepMania on SMO. Yaaaaaaayyyy

Btw thanks for bringing back the forums!

NeoRose23

Postby NeoRose23 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:27 am

Heya!! My name is Neo Rose but you could call me whatever ya want! I'm 16 and love rhythm games like DDR (Grew up on max/supernova) I Discovered this like 3 years ago but forgot about making an acc. (lol oops) Anyway it's a great pleasure to meet you guys!

biito

Postby biito » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:49 pm

hello I am biito from california. I played DDR on the ps2 alot a long time ago, and I also played osu for some while. When i switched to linux i compiled stepmania and I like playing it so i decided to join. I'm also a (really bad) computer science student.

Koma

Postby Koma » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:32 am

Hello I'm known as Koma at many different places I'm 23 years old and also I'm Canadian.
I used to play all the time in High school but took a long break about 4 years or so... (FFR) Also recently I been playing Osu! And got into the Mania side of it I knew about SMO for a while and decided to get into it.
Also I love music with a passion that's why I play MRG's!

xCyn

Postby xCyn » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Ayy, I'm Cyn (obviously?). I started playing SM back in like 2008 or 2009, but didn't play much from 2011-2014 and just recently started again last year. I was pretty bad when I started, and I mean I'm still decently garbage because I use cmod. So like yeah, idk what else to say really.

JustinNF

Postby JustinNF » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:23 am

Hello there, I'm JustinNF (Justin Tang, if you wanna ask me moar about my name), 20 years-old (another 3 months to go).
Rhythm games=drugs for me.
But not me who found this game (Stepmania) first. It's firstly discovered by my friend. He introduced me SM around 6 years ago(If not mistake). During that time, I play on the version of SM5 Alpha 2 (sounds pretty classic) with the Trotmania theme (BRONY TIME BOIZ).
I can play pads, and easy and medium indexs. I did tried on Spreads or Dumps but I did kinda bad on both of them.
Moto: GONNA SMASH DAT KB UNTIL IT DIES SOMEDAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! >:D
Somewhere over the kb <insert heavy metal music here> *screaming intensifies*
Special thanks to Speedcore musicians

dublx13

Postby dublx13 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:47 am

hello everyone im dub im kinda new to the forums but i have played sm for 2years now and im the first kurdish person to play sm and pass jackhammer B . . . that is all i have to say LOL (and my stepmania friends are freaks )
The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

AxiomaticSystem

Postby AxiomaticSystem » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Hello everybody!
I'm AxiomaticSystem.
I started my music-gaming career with Cytus (an amazing rhythm game for tablets), eventually getting up the nerve to play more intense games like Dynamix, Malody, and Tone Sphere. I can't actually run vanilla Stepmania on my Sansung tablet's Google OS, but there's a wannabe app called "Beats - Advanced Rhythm Game" that runs simfiles more than well enough for my needs.
Might actually attempt to run Stepmania on my desktop PC, who knows?

(I have a YouTube channel under the same nickname as this account, but I've been taking a break from recording for a few months. Once I can get my hands on a cheap little video camera for external recording I'll hopefully get back in business.)

DDREXForever

Postby DDREXForever » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:00 am

Hi there.
I am DDREXForever AKA SinHeartless and I started playing Stepmania in 2013. I found SMO in 2014 and
started making charts for various video game music tracks in 2013.

SMBX, Stepmania, playing around with RPG Maker and modding has been the thing for a while, but I have found my way into studying programming languages.
I spend half of my spare time listening different video game music and leaving comments/videos on Youtube.

As for my skill level, I'm somewhere middle. Not the worst but not the best either. High BPM songs can be tough for me to pass.
I would say 15 in the 20-foot rating.

Next summer I will be spending a lot of time learning how to use music programs so I can start making my own music
for the game projects next autumn. Now if you excuse me, I will go FEEL THE SUNSHINE.
AKA SinHeartless
300 % more insanity.

Creativity from insanity.

Return to “Off-Topic”