Introduce Yourself

Forum for off topic discussion.
Izzy

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Izzy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Keyboard playing is generally done with much harder songs. I guess people do it because keyboards are much cheaper and easier to deal with than home pads. They are both fun in different ways.

Also, welcome to smo.

Yocho
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yocho » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:15 am

Melange
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melange » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Thank you, Izzy! My pad arrived today, so I see what you mean by keyboards being used for harder songs. ^^;

And thanks for the recommendations and links, Yocho! It sounds like a good idea to check them out at least. I've only heard of FFR before and I've been thinking of getting DDR too, but I'm not sure yet. Trying out a few of these games definitely sounds like a good thing though, especially if they're free!
Always keep the faith.

ShadowReaper

Postby ShadowReaper » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Hey ShadowReaper here, I just recently got myself a new windows laptop and thought about playing some smo and man it brings me back. I used to be playing this like 10 years ago I think. But man looks like I need to download some packs I am not that bad at the game I use spread so I can do keyboard packs mostly. My current speed is C700. I mostly prefer 3.95. Now question time is it possible to store my song packs on a external hard drive? Cause I only got about 180gb left on my laptop and its a 250gb.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi!

Yes it's entirely possible to store packs on an external hard drive, as you can just move SM itself to the external and place song packs in it like normal. Keep in mind however that using an external hard drive may further increase start up time, and that you probably don't need like 1000 packs or anything on a normal basis all at once (180GB would be a crap load of packs, probably more than that even). Depending on your style of play, you can hone in on more known packs to have a good footing when playing with others. You can then grab other packs that pop up as you feel or need later down the road.

ShadowReaper

Postby ShadowReaper » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Alright cool thanks, I do have a 250gb hard drive on my alienware m11x laptop. I will only be getting packs I know I will play a lot. I know to stay away from the dragonforce songs cause I am not ready to be playing those yet. I plan on getting a better keyboard cause the laptops keyboard is pretty flat and a little hard to play sm. Is there a way to make sm keep the groups on like in openitg cause its kinda annoying to have to hit the left and right arrows to go to groups when I load it.

lurker

Postby lurker » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:46 pm

i am a badass str8 up playa hata and i made all of the bcmp files people get mad at but still take seriously (if they play solo at all)

R_Sei

Postby R_Sei » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Well hai! I'm the new (abit?) SM player, and I'm used to play osu! (mostly osu!mania) before playing this one year ago. I was surprised that I could find so many stepcharts in here! xD
I'm a reverse, keyboard player with M750 speed. Sometimes I'm using Beat too (only on dance-styled charts). But in real-life, I'm a pump player with 3x-5x speed and M mod used through out plays. Currently trying to play dance and pump since I'm playing VSRGs with a keyboard (for first time).
And... what should I type in here again? Oh! Is there any posts like "how to make stepcharts bla bla bla"? I'm abit confused on making stepchart for this game, but I've made some dumps on other game ;w;
Keys to passing charts are; listen to the music and mash the pad/keyboard.

AMEX

Postby AMEX » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi im amex, used to own ddrgeek back in 04 or 05? I used to play index then moved to spread. Been playing since 03 or 04?

Im still a noob.

JunkoXXX

Postby JunkoXXX » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

is this your old domain?
http://who.is/whois/ddrgeek.com

AMEX

Postby AMEX » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Why yes it is!

JunkoXXX

Postby JunkoXXX » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:47 am

Then your welcome here!!!

C-Man

Postby C-Man » Fri May 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Nice to meet you! I played SM 3.95 for about a year, and then I moved on to SM5. I'm really liking it so far.
I'm pretty new to the multi-player scene- so new, in fact, that I didn't realize that the main site was case-sensitive, so I guess that I'm just "c-man" online. It's not a big deal; I'm sure I'll be able to change my username or account some other time. Anyways, I'm a keyboard player who uses a 1.5x speed multiplier and normally plays charts ranging from 5-9. Right now, I have Touhou Pad Packs 1-5, Gensokyo Voyage, and a few singles (Mr. Liar and Rain Dance by SpootyBiscuit).

ShadowBFF

Postby ShadowBFF » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:30 am

Hey I'm ShadowBFF

I used to be a Forum Mod for the old SMO, and admin at upperface and bluexoon.
its been quite a number of years since i have played SMO, so im probably rusty as hell
i wonder if there are any really old school people still here?

JunkoXXX

Postby JunkoXXX » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:17 am

Possibly just Owenviau Spooky Foxy and Izzy

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:24 am

There's a handful of sm originals around. A lot of them are over at ffr.

I can't seem to recall a shadowBFF on smo.com. Perhaps you are referring to smo.eu?

kkk123

Postby kkk123 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Then your welcome here

รู้ลึก รู้จริงเรื่อง วิเคราะห์แม่น เรื่องฟุตบอลที่นี่ที่เดียว

ShadowBFF

Postby ShadowBFF » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:56 pm

kkk123

Postby kkk123 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Nice to meet you!

ทันทุกเหตุการณ์ อัพเดตรวดเร็ว ทุกคู่ ทุกแมต ได้ที่นี่

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Return to “Off-Topic”