Introduce Yourself

Forum for off topic discussion.
Dj_Ossa

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Dj_Ossa » Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi, I'm Dj_Ossa. I used to be very active in the community a while ago, getting back on SM because fuckit, why not?

I'm Colombian and I used to own SMGroove. Was very active at ODI and play in a very weird kind of spread (A - up, X - left, num2 - down, num6 - right).

I suck at stepmania (haven't played in almost 6 years) but I would be down for some smoing if you're willing to play old files.

blind

Postby blind » Fri May 24, 2013 8:21 am

I'm always up for old shit. If I see you on, I'll be sure to join!

Also, nice to see another oldie come back. I played with bboy about a month ago, and haven't seen him since. D:
First to get 1,000,000 xp.
R.I.P. first place. :(

Dj_Ossa

Postby Dj_Ossa » Fri May 24, 2013 1:02 pm

bboyflames hahaha love that guy.

Here, have this simfile I made for him, a long time ago, with love.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2mec0 ... e_(Dj_Ossa).rar

blind

Postby blind » Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm

bboy ejaculation theme right? I have it already. I'm blindreper1179 from ffr. ;)

Dj_Ossa

Postby Dj_Ossa » Sat May 25, 2013 2:01 am

Oh ok hahaha

Powerdrift

Postby Powerdrift » Sat May 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi, I'm Powerdrift. I haven't played in a while, can't play for shit anymore.

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Sun May 26, 2013 6:53 am

Welcome to smo. It is better to play for fun than competitively anyway.

Crizo

Postby Crizo » Sun May 26, 2013 2:00 pm

No.

Yotipo

Postby Yotipo » Mon May 27, 2013 12:07 pm

@@ wrote:It's Foop.

As I've matured I've become less and less of a fuck.

I hope this community grows.

while I got sick of my old username, I will still keep my SMO sig and avatar for nostalgia.

SMO WILL NEVER DIE

'Sup Foop

OkkusenmanX

Postby OkkusenmanX » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi everyone !

I didn't see that topic before, sorry.

Well, I'm OkkusenmanX, but the nickname doesn't really matter for me, I change it pretty often ahahaha. I live in France (and I'm french), I'm 22 years old, male and... I can't speak english very well, but I try to make me understandable for everyone, I hope it's the case ^^'.
Anyway, I played rythm game for a long time, but not at very high level. I started with DJmax on PSP, then I played O2mania (O2jam's emulator, allow to play offline). I played O2mania for many many years, it's difficult to find good song, but I liked the gameplay so I endured it. Since the release of Hatsune Miku Project Diva f on PSVita, I played it, and the older Hatsune Miku game too, mainly on PS3 thanks to the Dreamy Theater Extension and the release of Project diva F (PS3 version). I'm not too bad at this, but it's really simple so no pride comes from it.

Well, two weeks ago, I was staring at my screen, doing nothing in the middle of the night, and suddenly... "hey, why not Stepmania ?". I used to play stepmania for a very short period many years ago, but I didn't like the software and the gameplay, the arrows, the fact that they go up, all that stuff. But the community is very active in term of simfile's production, and I wanted new and good song. So I downloaded it, and in a matter of fact, the V5 is really good ! I don't know if it was possible in the old version, but it's pretty easy to make the arrows goes down instead of up, to install noteskins with no arrows... and this is the way I want to play. So now, I play stepmania at least once a day, not for a very long session, but forty minutes of stepmania per day is nice = )

Like I already said, I'm not very skilled, I can play on expert and hard if the level isn't too high but I die in many many songs from famous keyboard pack such as Otaku's Dream's packs (the harder ones, of course, but still...). I play mainly for the fun, not competition. I'm so happy that I can play online, with actual people. I used to play alone for so many years, I know very few people who likes rythm game IRL, so it was like a dream when I discovered SMO the first time.

What's more ? I'm currently facing a bug with otaku's dream's pack, like I said in the help section, I can't play all the songs from this packs with anyone else so excuse me if I met you online and it bug. I play spread (one week ago, I didn't know it's called "spread"), a-s-5-6 in c850 or c900, I'm using a azerty keyboard, like everyone in France, but Stepmania act like it's a qwerty. I'm pretty sure there is no way of fixing it. It's really annoying when I want to write something in the room's chat. I'm bad at english, so I'm slow to written AND I must search for what letter is what letter... ah... So excuse me if I'm typing very slowly.

Well, I'm (finally) done, sorry for the "way too long post", see you online !

blind

Postby blind » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Welcome Okku! The bug with not being able to play some songs might be your computers region. Sorry, I can't find the thread right now, but try changing it to Japan/Japanese. If that doesn't work, I'm sorry.

OkkusenmanX

Postby OkkusenmanX » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Thank you = )

I already did the region's change, some packs (the one with specific characters) won't load if I'm not in japanese region.

CrzP

Postby CrzP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:19 am

Hello everybody!~

I'm CrzP(this name means'Controling room zone Producer',Crz is also my chinese name's abbreviation.)
A player from China,still learning how to speak English well......

I learned Stepmania one year ago.Before that,I often play Beats(another rhythm game)on my tablet.(Now I'm developing images for it.)
I like Stepmania!!
Now I'm practicing in high judge level→Improving fast.

I'm leading a small song pack creating group called Sigma Project/Group now.And I have a forum of Stepmania in China,too(440 members).Just released a pack called Hatsune Miku Project Beats. XD

I have many vocaloid/anime song packs.Like Vocaloid Collaborations,Vocasteps,Vocaloid Project Pad Packs,Vocaloid Party,Vocaloid Mix.... XD )A true Vocaloid fan!
We are sigma group!

Keita

Postby Keita » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Izzy wrote:Welcome to smo. It is better to play for fun than competitively anyway.

I Agree XD

dynamoxtyle

Postby dynamoxtyle » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:24 pm

hi, i'm dynamoxtyle and it's nice to met you

i play when gotta resting from work and university

see you soon :)

Niglo

Postby Niglo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:26 am

Hi everyone, I used to play pretty competitively back on FFR in '05 but I'm pretty terrible now!

Just wanted to stop in here and say Hello!

Trainmon

Postby Trainmon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:19 am

Hello, I'm Trainmon, and I've been playing Stepmania for about 3 years now. I'm pretty good at it so far, but I know I have a lot of room to grow.

Currently, I have two goals I'm focusing on. One has been increasing my judging difficulty (just from 4 to 5 for now), and the other is learning a layout other than the regular arrow keys so I can hit triple notes (I think I found a EF-JI format I'm learning pretty quickly).

In terms of songs, I've mostly been using MLP, SRT, and Windeu packs, and have recently started trying out the Otaku's Dream Mix's which I really enjoy, despite needing to learn a new key layout to play it.

I look forward to playing online with you guys!

Frenetik MHz

Postby Frenetik MHz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Hey guys, I'm Frenetik MHz (or Jon). I live in the pittsburgh area and started playing about five years ago.

I've been out of the stepmania/FFR/DDR loop for a couple of years and I'm trying to get back into it. More or less for weight loss and fun than anything.

When I stopped playing, I was on the cusp of getting into heavy/hard mode and then life got in the way. I want to be able to do this again and I hope to get to know the nice people on this forum.

@@

Postby @@ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:31 pm

What's up, I'm from the Pittsburgh area too! I play ITG and a little bit of stepmania.

razl

Postby razl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:34 am

Hi, I'm razl. I've been playing StepMania since 2005 I believe. My introductions are usually...very poor. I like making simfiles..? I'm from Finland. Yay. You can find me in-game occasionally under the name "zespread" :L
why staiain why are you so pro

Return to “Off-Topic”