Introduce Yourself

Forum for off topic discussion.
Vendice

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Vendice » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:18 pm

so stepmania isnt actually dead as seeing this from perspective of forum introductions,still getting the new ones : O

Wafles

Postby Wafles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:15 pm

SM isn't quite dead but these forums are

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:50 am

Vendice wrote:so stepmania isnt actually dead as seeing this from perspective of forum introductions,still getting the new ones : O

There is a lot more traffic to SMO itself than the forums, so it's probably far more lively than you thought! Also, welcome Vendice!

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:10 am

If there is ever an integrated web chat with in game chat I think it will really boost community activity.

Guro

Postby Guro » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Guro on here and FFR, real name's Josh. Standard boring arrow-smasher. Oi

Rain Flicker :P

Postby Rain Flicker :P » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi I am RainFlicker [David]

I have been playing stepmnaia for a very long time but I have recently Started to play SMonline again so yeah there is that.
I live in the Australia Place where it is held up by turtle's.

I am a Furry/Brony Yes that.

So there is my introduction, well what I am willing to share

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey David, welcome to SMO! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

If you haven't, I would suggest checking out the downloads page and pick up some more StepMania packs. There have been some pony related packs released which you might be interested in (if you didn't know they already existed that is).

@@

Postby @@ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Are you from brisbane

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:03 am

Fancy seeing you here too David o/

Yocho

Postby Yocho » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello everyone. My name's Yochanan (or Yocho).

Pretty much a nobody on the SM/Bemani scene, but I've been playing Stepmania and FFR for about eleven years now.

Mostly play index, but occasionally I'll switch it up by playing spread. Definitely broadens my horizons in terms of song selection, haha.

Actually stopped playing rhythm games altogether for a couple of years (more like a year and a half) but I started back up playing SM a few months ago.

...That's about it, actually. lol
△▽△
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
▽△▽

MAXdragon300

Postby MAXdragon300 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:07 pm

hello! I'm MAXdragon300 I'm new here, I came here from this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1NlLJjL5U I like music like this! MMMMMMMMMMMM that's pretty much it
Attachments
vertex iota-bg.png
vertex iota-bg.png (206.3 KiB) Viewed 6018 times

minecraftfan

Postby minecraftfan » Tue May 13, 2014 6:05 am

Hello there, im minecraftfan (stepmania fan too xd), first of all, i started to playing stepmania cuz of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfF6Uw7JmAs then... I was curious for that game (i was thinking: mmm... Stepmania? Its that a dance-platform game? That great!) and i started searching... When i founded the page (http://www.stepmania.com) i was anxious XD now, i just have to click in that "download" word, and you know the rest of the history...

Im curious some times, i like anime (80's, 90's and the actual anime :p ), sometimes i don't know what im talking about or im being extravagant, so... XD i don't like ponies (but i respect them)... Im the most youngest stepmania player here (i think ;| ) just 12 years old (in august 29 im 13), i live in Monterrey, Nuevo León, México :thumb: (Oh, im still being a n00b in stepmania ):| )

Im not good describing myself XD

SEE YA! (Or CYA! XD )

Amaterasu

Postby Amaterasu » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 am

What's up people! This is Amaterasu speaking.
I've been playing since late 2012, and have know about the game since 2007.
So i'm a little late.
But i'm a bit intermediate when it comes to the game.
25 years of age and in college.
I really got into the game from a guy known as Sukiru Ikeda (dude's my stepmania idol).
If you can't tell by my signature and profile gif, i'm a serious touhou fan, thus I mainly play touhou songs.
So if anyone is interested in playing a few touhou songs, let me know.
And if Amaterasu is too much to type, Ammy will do.
My Favorite Baka.

DD1923

Postby DD1923 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 pm

I am DD1923 I have been playing the original dance dance revolution for the consoles and computer since early 2007 and own everygame... I was a moderator at Tap Tap Revenge 4 (with the username Leviathan)which was a music tapping IOS game(which shut down) and always enjoyed just playing with music...I also run D.D Industries which helped users get songs and play them and still run it for stepmania....even though im not known haha..ha I am excited and hope I can be more than just a simple user once again^_^ nice to meet you all^_^
D.D Industries...making Stepmania more fun, one simfile at a time

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:06 am

Welcome to SMO!

Yes, helping users find and obtain content is something I was also very keen on accomplishing. Ensuring every pack I can find is archived and listed on the downloads page was how I went about that personally. Helping users have a decent amount of SM packs (especially more popular titles) is essential for a decent multiplayer experience, so I'm glad to hear others are taking on the task!

EDIT: Though I see you are more focused on single file content, and actually creating it. I'm sure that would make a lot of the people who have song requests I see quite happy!

DD1923

Postby DD1923 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:20 am

thanks Im on the forum 24/7 also because I bookmarked it on my phone so if anyone needed help I can help them then...
D.D Industries...making Stepmania more fun, one simfile at a time

Awesome

Postby Awesome » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi,
My name is Jeremiah. I first played DDR Ultramix (an old xbox game: if you don't know what it is plz look it up) when I was 6. I'm 14 now and I randomly found stepmania last year in the summer (In Florida). I didn't know of this server until September 25, 2013.
XBL Gamertag: StripyLightning

Melange

Postby Melange » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 am

Hi guys, I'm Melange, a uni student from Austria.

I only recently found out about StepMania. I've known about DDR and admired it from afar for a few years (mainly at manga/anime conventions), but I never knew you could play that kind of game on the PC too. So here I am, a complete noob. I hope the forums and possibilities of playing online will help me get better at it though!
Always keep the faith.

OkkusenmanX

Postby OkkusenmanX » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:13 am

Welcome = ) I hope you will enjoy your time here. Are you playing on keyboard or on pad ?

Melange

Postby Melange » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Currently playing on keyboard, but I'm planning to get a pad soon. :]

Tbh, I didn't know keyboard was such a big thing until I got here... probably because most people I know play DDR rather than SM, haha. So I don't quite understand the difference between the two yet.
Always keep the faith.

Return to “Off-Topic”