A small EXP boost for playing with others.

Suggest new ideas for SMO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
foxfire667
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A small EXP boost for playing with others.

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Since EXP currently has no real bearing on anything else of the site as of yet, I feel we could use it as a mechanism to get more people motivated to play with others. What I mean by this is that we should give a small exp bonus or percent increase for playing with another person, or perhaps an increased EXP boost for every additional person who plays a song with you in the room.

As I'm sure a lot of you have seen, there are typically quite a few rooms that have only one player, or people who password protect their rooms so others cannot join. If we were to add this EXP boosting factor into the game, I feel like it would give some people more fuel to try and get into rooms with other players. Now obviously not everyone cares about experience points, but if something such as a point system as Izzy suggested in existed, it would allow for a quicker accumulation of points and purchasing of certain features.

I am not suggesting a huge bonus or anything, but I am suggesting something that would climb upward for the more people that are in a given room playing. If this idea were taken into consideration, this is pretty much the structure of the EXP boost that I am talking about:

Number of people in a given room:
1 person: no exp boost
2 people: 5% EXP boost
3 people: 10% EXP boost
4 people: 15% EXP boost
5 people: 20% EXP boost
6 people: 25% EXP boost

So essentially, the more people are in the room, the more EXP turnout you'd get. Additionally, as a percentage, this would still mean that harder songs would have to be played to get the most out of the boost.

What do you think?

owenviau1

Re: A small EXP boost for playing with others.

Postby owenviau1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm

yea thats a good idea! :D

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Indeed, it is a pretty simple idea and I like it. It is always weird seeing 7 rooms with 1 person in each of them. This would need to be implemented in the server executable though.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Cube
Site Admin

Postby Cube » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm

I don't think it will be that hard of a change really. We have a list of stuff that is a bit higher priority at the moment though.

But will add it to the todo list!

blind

Postby blind » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

I like the idea, and I know it was just a suggestion, but, I think adding 5% a person is kind of too high. Maybe start at 5% when two people are playing and go up by 2% afterwords per person.
First to get 1,000,000 xp.
R.I.P. first place. :(

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 pm

SXn-

Postby SXn- » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Does playing with Admin / moderator / power user will increase more exp too? It'll be great if you do that 8-) (few games mechanism like that)

Currently studying how to do 230+ bpm stream and 150+ bpm JS. Skill drop :X

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:01 am

Return to “SMO Suggestions”