Allow for users to delete their own song scores.

Suggest new ideas for SMO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
foxfire667

Allow for users to delete their own song scores.

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:06 pm

I am not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but I feel that this feature would be extremely useful if it was added to SMO. As you all know, there are two things that can happen due to the way SMO collects scores. The first is that you could back out of a song due to a bad mistake and be given an extremely low grade and percentage (like -183% or something crazy sometimes). The more annoying of the two however, is backing out of a song only a few notes in, and getting a much higher percentage than you would normally get on a song (or quad it) and have that score stuck on the leader-boards forever.

If we allow users to remove scores like this, chances are that these scores that are on quite a few of these songs will start to be removed on their own. Plus overall grades and percentages may become more accurate towards less active players, which is also nice.

If this feature were to be implemented, I would also like to request that a moderator or an administrator could remove the scores of any user, so that way 1 note quads and other things like them can be removed quickly and on the spot when noticed. It could be something fairly simple, like a little "x" icon next to each score, and then a confirmation window to make sure they intend to remove the score.

Izzy

Re: Allow for users to delete their own song scores.

Postby Izzy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 am

I have mixed feeling about this idea. It seems like a decent idea, but then it seems weird that someone would be able to delete every bad score to make it so they have a great average.

Those stats aren't in any way competitive so it really isn't that big of a deal. Maybe a better solution would be to flag a score to not count for stats and then give this ability to moderators so that we can flag suspicious scores if such a thing comes up once the ranked system comes out.

Also keep in mind that scores that are like -2000% are already left out of stat averages.

BarX
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BarX » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 pm

If I remember correctly, StepMania itself doesn't record any scores below 50%.

I completely am against this idea, although it is a good thing considering some people make specific accounts just for AAA's or even AAAA's. The reason why I think this is not a good idea is because of the averaging.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm

BarX

Postby BarX » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 pm

You're right.

Perhaps this isn't such a bad idea after all. The whole "removing scores that are 85% or better" concept would be a good take on this. For the abusing of low note songs, perhaps an average of DP could be a solution to this (I.E; A keyboard stream chart contains 20,000 or more DP and DDR songs only usually consisting of less than 1,500 DP).

Just a suggestion or an afterthought, really, haha.

Cube
Site Admin

Postby Cube » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am

I don't think this will be implemented, basically only songs that have the correct number of notes will be on the song pages in the near future. So songs quit out early will not show up in the stats at all.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Cube
Site Admin

Postby Cube » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Actually I can do a quick hack to the site to get that half implemented already, since it may be a few weeks before I finish the huge site updates.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

@ENERGY

Postby @ENERGY » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:27 am

This aint such a good idea.Hiding scores will have as a bad result for people having a lot of xp points to hide all of their songs.What I mean is, imagine a player with 1000 songs plaied,to hide all of them, be in top 200 without stats in his profile.We ( users ) wont recognise what skill is that guy.( Sensless but true )

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 am

Cube
Site Admin

Postby Cube » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Sorry foxfire, been busy. Been having to travel all over the place and work on other projects as well. I would really like to dedicate some time to revamp the site. Maybe I can make some free time to do this "soon".

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:57 pm

That's alright, it's perfectly understandable when you've been busy with work and other things in your life. Just good to know it is still on the list of things to do, and will come around when there's time to work on it.

Thanks for the quick reply regarding the situation!

houkouonchi
Site Admin

Postby houkouonchi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Th is isn't too difficult to implement but there is a problem with it needing an extra column in the stats database which is a huge table with almost 1 million records. Adding the column would probably lock up mysql quite a while on the server so it would have to be added during a non-peak time.

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Well... Deleting records from a database is not exactly a good idea... However, it would be a nice feature if done carefully/planned. I think anything below a 'C' would be fine or within that 'score range'. I know 'F' are not counted which is good. However, 'D' would be nice to remove as well. Clearly, it's not much better but, it is a pass. So, giving the option to delete these is perfectly fine with me. As for 'C'... That's a bit tough... That's pushing your luck...

(Put my two cents in on the idea.)

~ SpoOkyMagician
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 pm

SpookyGames, I mentioned this in a prior post in the thread, but I'll reiterate that people going out of their way to delete mass amounts of scores to severely alter their average is a complete waste of time and energy. It does absolutely nothing except for ridiculously cripple your own ability to have your scores listed and recorded on the database, for the infinitesimal reward of having a higher average percentage or a cleaner pie chart. You just be essentially lying to yourself, and absolutely no one else would care. People probably would only check a profile after they played with them anyway, so it wouldn't be a means to falsify your skill (not that it would matter anyway, because doing that would be a hindrance to you, not a help if you want to play with others). Even if they did see it, they would most likely notice the extremely low amount of recorded scores versus the played songs, and would probably wonder why they wasted their time doing it all.

This would really only serve as a tool for someone who wants to remove bs scores (essentially quit outs) so they are not positively or negatively affecting their stats unfairly. That way, your stats would be a completely true representation of what you've played, and how well you played it. There would be absolutely no reward for using it any other way, it would be a severe chore and a hindrance at best (assuming they actually played). Otherwise what the hell, just get a one note quad and never play again, or use /spectate every time from then on. Much easier.

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:22 pm

"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

Return to “SMO Suggestions”