Allow to search packs on the downloads page.

Suggest new ideas for SMO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Guilhermeziat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Allow to search packs on the downloads page.

Postby Guilhermeziat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:32 am

It's pretty annoying having to run through all SMO downloads to find a pack, even though it helps a bit being in name order.

@@

Re: Allow to search packs on the downloads page.

Postby @@ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:55 am

Is the search function in your browser not adequate? Ctrl + F makes it really easy to find packs of you know them by name...

I would be up for the idea of each pack being broken down into songs so you can search packs by song info. Divinelegy.com seems to have a good parser to break down packs by song however the functionality of their search is almost non-existent.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 am

@@

Postby @@ » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:15 pm

I wrote something completely different than what I meant. Itd be cool to be able to see what songs were in a pack from the downloads page before one downloaded it, bit it isnt really a necessity.

foxfire667

Postby foxfire667 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh, well indeed can do that as well. Check out the and find the pack here (if it's present) and click the link. Then you can see the pack contents, including all the song titles, step authors, artists, and what difficulties are charted for it. For example, if you wanted to know what was in "A Dump Solo Christmas Pack" beforehand, .

I know it's not directly on SMO, or as efficient as I think you are imagining the concept, but it does work fairly well. Don't know how I'd feel about doing something like this on SMO considering they put a lot of work into manually indexing all of this already, but I do agree such searching capabilities should be more readily visible on the downloads page. If I could alter the downloads page at all, I'd probably add a little info box at the top with some helpful info and links for people like this.

Guilhermeziat

Postby Guilhermeziat » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 am

oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooh

Woah, thanks for the help!

Return to “SMO Suggestions”