Users Rank not showing up?

Suggest new ideas for SMO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wafles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Users Rank not showing up?

Postby Wafles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:17 pm

Just wondering what the reason for this is. User ranks usually are supposed to appear in parantheses next to the users name but often they do not. It seems random from what I can tell.

houkouonchi
Site Admin

Re: Users Rank not showing up?

Postby houkouonchi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

In order to not cause really huge name strings it only shows someones rank if they are ranked under 1000 and their name is 7 characters or less. It will also show their rank if their rank is under 100 and their name is 9 characters or less. If their name is > 9 characters or rank is >1000 it won't ever display the rank.

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:24 pm

I'd still prefer it just didn't show them or you had the option to toggle it. I think it is ugly on my name.

Wafles

Postby Wafles » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I agree with Izzy on this one a bit. They are kind of an eye-sore, especially when they do not show up consistently. I always end up with rooms that have like half the people with ranks and half without and its a little weird.

Maybe as an allternative to appending them to our names you could just add the rank to the joined room message? i.e. "Wafles (Rank: 26) has joined the room." or something along those lines. This has the benefit of added consistency as well as some better visual appeal imo

SpoOkyGames

Postby SpoOkyGames » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 pm

implement a /ranks command to list all players ranks in chat. Same for xp and such. I'd like this please.

edit: just remove them from usernames. I find this pointless. (no offense. but it's kinda silly to only show for a limited characters username.)

~ SpoOkyMagician
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

Wafles

Postby Wafles » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:45 pm

I really hope this gets addressed soon, having them inconsistently next to user names just doesn't make sense

Return to “SMO Suggestions”