Packs with unique rhythms (no straight beat 4/4)

Discuss simfiles or song packs.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NullVoxPopuli
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Packs with unique rhythms (no straight beat 4/4)

Postby NullVoxPopuli » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:09 am

Hello,

I'm looking for packs that that have unique rhythms and don't just do a straight beat in 4/4 throughout every song.
I've found that R&B does this. There are quite a few electronic songs out there though without straight beats.

Like, songs like in the picture: http://i.imgur.com/tcgJAou.png or http://i.imgur.com/ECUSkK0.png
or like Afronova from way back in the day, ya know?

Is there a way to search for stepfiles / packs by the type of rhythm?

SpoOkyGames

Re: Packs with unique rhythms (no straight beat 4/4)

Postby SpoOkyGames » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Mmm... So basically, technical files? No idea if there are any. I would totally play it though if it exists. A few different technical files exist around but not many. A perfect example is "The Games We Played". If anyone else knows of any, please post some.
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

foxfire667

Re: Packs with unique rhythms (no straight beat 4/4)

Postby foxfire667 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:25 pm

As far as I know there aren't specific packs dedicated to various time signatures, or that had requirements on several time signature changes throughout the song submission. If you're on a hunt for time changes (especially odd signatures) you're just going to have to hand pick and favorite them from other packs. It's not impossible to find 2's, 3's, 6's, and 8's, and of course there are plenty of technical songs that come from various artists which probably aren't reasonable to discern time from by ear (hell they probably have no clue what it all should be labeled as lol).

I don't have many listed off hand. Archetype from YoloMania 1 has some nice movement from 4/4 to 8/4 with some 2/4 sprinkled in, with a nice wave of BPM increase and decrease throughout it's run time. Ultra B+K from Sam's Delusional minipack I think has some 7/4 in there for a few measures (only heard it once, caught me off guard, don't kill me if I'm wrong). Some stuff that I can remember that is kind of all over the place like Fast Asleep (Flash Flash Revolution Cumminuty pack 3), Robotomy (Flash Flash Revolution Community pack 4), a lot of stuff by and have those mixups where you probably aren't even sure where it's going the first time around.

Return to “Simfile Center”