How can I improve my finger speed?

General stepmania and stepmania online discussions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
valewish
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How can I improve my finger speed?

Postby valewish » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 am

I'm Valentino and I'm new in this forum.

I've played index for a year but I can't improve my speed over 210 / 220 bpm...for example I pass hardly ever songs like oprah shmup (240 bpm)...

Can you give me some suggestion to improve my speed? I practice and practise...but I am locked...:(

ah...I play con this keyboard with double setup. (arrows and 1235)
Attachments
Apple_wired_thin_keyboard-2007-08-11.jpg
Apple_wired_thin_keyboard-2007-08-11.jpg (221.06 KiB) Viewed 4059 times

mik3ca

Re: How can I improve my finger speed?

Postby mik3ca » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Try using keys more towards the bottom of the keyboard or you will find out your hand rest isn't smooth since your hand will be resting on other keys which may possibly screw up the computer.

razl

Postby razl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:39 am

Also, move your keyboard closer to you so your hands will be more relaxed. Make sure you have a comfortable chair as well.
why staiain why are you so pro

Yocho

Postby Yocho » Thu May 22, 2014 4:42 pm

As a fellow Mac user, I'd recommend upgrading your keyboard from the default one Apple provides to something a bit more substantial. I remember trying to play SM when I first got my iMac and feeling like the KB was gonna snap in half every time I played. Not fun. :X

Personally, I use the Logitech K120. It's got a classic look and feel to it, and definitely feels more intuitive to play SM with than that spindly little Apple keyboard ever could. Only costs about thirteen bucks, too. Highly recommend it.

In addition to the ergonomics-related tips mik3ca and razl gave, I'd recommend playing in different positions and seeing what works best for you. For example, I find that I play a lot better with my left elbow on my chair's armrest and my right elbow sitting on my lap than I do with both elbows sitting down there (or worse yet, raised up in the air!).

It probably sounds like somewhat of a niggling factor, but you'd be surprised at the difference it can make. lol

Return to “General Stepmania Discussions”