I have some questions

General stepmania and stepmania online discussions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Inunah

I have some questions

Postby Inunah » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Sorry for the tons of questions. I haven't played Stepmania or kept up with what was going on with it since version 2 or 3 so I've been out of the loop for quite a while.

1. How can I enable hitsounds? Not the assist sound that plays when you're supposed to hit the beat, but the sound that plays when you press the arrow keys while in-game. I know a previous version of Stepmania had this, but now I can't find that setting.
2. and 3. is my current theme, for reference.
4. Why, when I set the theme, does Stepmania crash? It works fine when I restart it after it crashes.
5. Why, when I set the arrow skin, does it not apply unless I set the arrow skin from the song options right before playing a song?
6. When I set the random animations rather than the random videos/movies, it doesn't play a song's video in the background. How do I get it to do the animations for songs without videos, but the videos still play if a song has one?
7. How do I set up character portraits on theme? I downloaded some DDR5 characters and none of them had working portraits (I thought they would).
8. Where can I download more announcers? I tried Stepmania Things, but the download list is all jumbled up and all the files I keep trying end up being characters.
9. Where can I download more characters? Stepmania Things' download list is too jumbled up and I'm not familiar enough with DDR characters to know them by name (unless they're labeled stuff like DDR5 or something) or be able to tell them apart from old themes with similar names.
10. If a song has some really poor audio, can I replace the MP3 with an identical-but-higher-quality MP3?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Stepmania Discussions”