SMO Points Tournament [CONCLUDED]

General stepmania and stepmania online discussions.
misterkister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SMO Points Tournament [CONCLUDED]

Postby misterkister » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 am

Welcome to the SMO Points Tournament. This is pretty much the first tournament I host, so I will try my best to explain how the rules should go. If you want to sign up to this tournament, please post in this topic at least once for you to be registered and confirmed to participate. It is estimated that the tournament will last for 2 weeks. The song pool will come in after the submission/joining session ends.

The tournament session has been opened. Participants, start racking up points at this time.
The submission/joining session has been closed. The deadline submission was July 13th.
Thank you guys for playing! The results are shown here below.

The winners of the tournament are actually announced before 11:59PM, but whatever.

Winners of the Tournament

More Information regarding with winners

IMPORTANT: For people participating in the tournament, to make a password, type in the password based on your division/tier.

For example:

Passwords:

If you're using SM 3.95, use the /joinpass [password] on the password room that you need to be in and ctrl+enter to join.

If you're not using SM5 but other SM client, to create a password, make a room and use the command /pass and insert the appropriate password given.

WARNING: For people not participating in the tournament, please do not use this information to get in the tournament password-protected room. You will be kicked out if you do that.

Objective for this tournament: Rack up the most points between July 20th and August 3rd in order to win. Should there be a tie-breaker, then a tiebreaker match will begin at the end of the tournament.

Note: I had to address this again for clear emphasis on what this tournament is supposed to be about.

This leaderboard will be updated once the tournament starts.

IMPORTANT: The leaderboard will be recalculated based on how many songs people have finished so far (10 songs are the requirement to have actual result for the tournament).

Leaderboard

Key Color
Bold = Winner

Changelogs

IMPORTANT: Read this tournament carefully and keep checking this tournament so you don't miss something. It will continue to be updated until the tournament starts.

Tournament Players will be listed here and updated as the submission/joining session are available at this point.

[Tip] Just in case people don't really know how to snapshot their score.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-On your evaluation screen, hit Print Screen (Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 3 on Mac) to take snapshots. The snapshots will go depending on what SM cilent you're using.
-If you're using SM 3.95, the location of your snapshots is in your Screenshots folder that is in your StepMania 3.95 folder.
-If you're using SM 5.0, then location of your snapshots is here:
C:\Users\(Your username)\AppData\Roaming\StepMania 5\Screenshots
-You can also use programs like HyperSnap or Paint.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Score Submission
There are multiple ways you can submit your scores.

1. Submit a snapshot of your score to this email: smopointstournament@gmail.com
2. Get in contact with me on Skype (My username is misterk1217)
3. Get in contact with me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/misterk1719)
4. Post the scores here in the topic forum.
5. PM me in the SMO forum.

Choose one option you think may best help you.

Rules
-Please use your main account for this tournament.
-Pick the division tier that best suits for your level.
-Judge 4 is recommended to participate for this tournament. If you use Judge 7, please have the score convert to Judge 4 for the score to be valid. But I suggest that you stick with Judge 4 just to make the point processing easier. Any judge lower than 4 will not count for this tournament.
-People need to download the required song packs in order to participate. Please download the packs that are in your division to help you get prepared for the tournament.
-Should people participating in the tourney lacks the required packs, they will be kicked out from the room (that people have the required packs) and have to download the required packs and make their own room to rack up points.
-Gentlemen Rule (Higher rates) is not recommended when you're playing on your own.
-You are allowed to play by yourself to rack up points, but to have a better experience for the tournament, it's recommended that you play with people that's in your tier division.
-If there are songs that seem difficult for you to pass, it is suggested that you have FailOff option with you.
-People needs to be online for their scores to count.
-People can start anytime to rack up the points, but people need to finish at least 5 songs per week. It is possible that people can finish the whole song pool in one day, but they can take their time and update/improve their score should they want to get the best score possible, as well as it makes it easier for me to keep up with the scoreboard.
-If people fail to submit 5 songs in a week, then people have to make up by doing the entire song pool.
-After the song ends, people need to take snapshot of their score for their points to be calculated and validated.
-People are allowed to update their scores and replace snapshots. You don't need to have a set order on what songs you have to play, just pick any in the song pool and rack up the points. Also, you can start anytime as long as the tournament session are in effect. The disqualification occurs if you cheat on the scores (or use handicaps if you're in spread/index tier 3). To send in the scores, just post the scores in the topic (with a spoiler) or send them to my Skype, PM, Facebook, etc.
-When people participating join the room, it's recommended to have at least 4 or 5 people in the room.
-Make sure the people participating the room have the room password-protected. It's to avoid other people not participating the tournament coming in the room.
-Any styles are allowed to play the files in your division. (Example: You can use spread key layouts on index files.)
-Should the server have a connection drop, then people in the tournament can redo whatever song they were doing before the drop.
-Please don't spam in the chat. Also, be respectful and display sportsmanlike behavior to other people participating in the tournament.
-If you AFK/DC'ed during the song, it's suggested that you redo the same song in a different room.
-If there's a tie for the winner, then a tiebreaker match will start at the end of the tournament.
- (7/19/15) You are free to play both song pools (primary and alternative), but you need to submit scores from just one song pool (Pick primary or alternative. You can't have both pools submitted)

Note: It's recommend for people who have prior experience playing online to participate the tournament. Don't join this tournament if you never play online before.

Anyone is welcome. (Pros, Semi-Pro, Intermediate, Noobs, etc.)

Allowed Mods:
Speed: You can use any speed, whether it's Cmod, Xmod, Mmod, etc.
Rate: I rather have the rate to be default, although you can have the gentlemen rule. Regarding with Gentlemen rule, if you happen to play rate higher than normal, make sure it occurs when you're playing with other people participating in the tournament, as well as they agree to do the same as long as they have the client that support rates. Otherwise, stay on normal rate for now. Rates lower than 1.0x will not count for this tournament. Use higher rates at your own risk since it doesn't add any extra benefit for the point grading.
Noteskin: Any noteskins will work.
Acceleration: Pretty sure people won't use this, but it's allowed if this mod helps you.
Effects: Allowed although like acceleration, people probably won't use it.
Appearance: Allowed like acceleration/effects. Some people use Hidden, so it's fine.
Turn: Allowed. Some people may or may not want Mirror, but whatever suits you to do well for the tournament.
Insert: Keep it at default.
Remove: Keep it at default.
Scroll: Any scrolls are allowed.
Holds: Keep it at default.
Mines: You can have it on or off. Mines are not really taken consideration for this tournament.
Attacks: I'm guaranteed people won't use it. Use it at your own risk.
Autoplay: Please have it default (off). You're definitely going to play in the tournament, not spectate.
Hide: Allowed. Like Hidden, Dark/Blind/Cover are acceptable to use.
Screen Filter: Allowed. Use it if background is distracting for you to concentrate.
Protiming: It's allowed, but some themes may not have it implemented. Plus, it's only useful if you want to see your specific timing.
Steps: It's disabled by default, but people in the tournament needs to be in the same chart.
Clap: Allowed. You can use Clap if it's helpful for your timing.

Theme Lists [Optional]
Adding in themes lists just in case someone need a theme that support SMO. Please put it in your theme folder of your Stepmania folder. You don't have to use these theme if you're used to the theme that you have.

StepMania 5
*It is suggested to use the latest version of StepMania 5 in order for it to work at optimal level.

StepMania 3.95

Division Tiers
People with their name cross out are ones who failed to submit scores by the end of the tournament.

Index Tier 1 (For people who are at the skill level capable of doing easy index stuff)

2. Abaxvahl (*Alternative Song Pool)

5. gca4evtc1 (*Primary Song Pool)
6. mastershadow

8. magimo (*Primary Song Pool)

Index Tier 2 (For People who are fine with medium/standard index files)

2. simas (*Alternative Song Pool)
3. Kirby5464

5. ddrhousehq (*Alternative Song Pool)

Index Tier 3 (For People who enjoy hard index files)
1. science (*Alternative Song Pool)
2. owenviau1
3. yipyapyop

Spread Tier 1 (For people capable of doing easy spread stuff)
1. simas (*Alternative Song Pool)

3. Abaxvahl (*Primary Song Pool)

5. Kirby5464 (*Alternative Song Pool)
6. Swedcxzaq

10. magimo (*Alternative Song Pool)

Spread Tier 2 (For people capable of doing standard/medium spread files)
[Closed]

Spread Tier 3 (For people who are good at doing hard spread stuff)
1. science

4. yipyapyop
5. *-Tenshi-*

Points Grading System
AAAA = +6
AAA= +5
AA (FC)= +4
AA+ or AA- = +3
A = +2
B = +1
C = +0.5
D = +0.25
F = 0

Since there's 10 songs total in the song pool, the maximum points you can get are 60.

Handicaps Deduction
No Jumps: -0.5
No Hands: -0.5
No Quads: -0.5
No Holds: -0.5
No Rolls: -0.5
Little: Score will not count. It basically remove every notes except 4th notes making the score look incomplete.

IMPORTANT: The handicaps deductions applies to Index and Spread Tier 1. If you're in Spread/Index Tier 2, the score will not count. If you're in Spread/Index Tier 3, it will result in disqualification.

The only exceptions are NoLifts, NoMines and NoFakes since people don't really use or plays with lifts/fakes. NoMines since again mines are not taken in consideration.

Tie-Breaker Match System

Whoever has the better %score wins.

Example:

Player A = 95.54%
Player B = 94.48%

Player A wins

For the Tie-Breaker Match System, there will be a song pool that will only occur when it's certain that there's ties for first place. A best 3 out of 5 will determine the winner for this match.

For the song pool in the tie-breaker match, the song pool will be a mixture from the first song pools and alternative song pools. In other words, some of the songs will be taken from both pools.

More planning about the tie-breaker match will take place soon.

8/3/15 The song pool for index tier 3 tie-breaker match is pretty much primary/alternative song pool combined. Anyone in that division can pick the songs from the song pool. Best 3 out of 5 will take place.

Moderators
1. Misterkister

Ask me anything if you're unsure about anything regarding with this tournament. Song pool suggestions or any kind of suggestions are also welcome.

I will appreciate if there are some volunteers that will like to be moderators for this tournament in case if I'm not around. (Recommend for people who are capable of making good judgment on people's behavior as well as actively monitor how this tournament goes)

Live stream: Please post your twitch stream in the topic if you want yours to be added in the list for people to watch.

Live stream
gca4evtc1's stream: http://www.twitch.TV/glo315
owenviau1's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/owenviau1

Index Songpacks (For All Tiers)

Spread Songpacks (For All Tiers)

Possible song packs that may take place in the tournament. The song packs will vary depending on what division you are in. Here are my estimated thoughts on the song packs.

IMPORTANT: Two song pool drafts (Primary and Alternative song pools respectively) have been finished. Pick one of the song pools and stick to that pool for your division/tier. To make things easier, let me know what song pool you want to take and I'll update this information to the intro post.
Primary Song Pool Draft
------------------------------------------------------------------
Index Tier 1

Index Tier 2

Index Tier 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spread Tier 1

Spread Tier 2

Spread Tier 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative Song Pool Draft
--------------------------------------------------------------
[Index Tier 1]
[Index Tier 2]

[Index Tier 3]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Spread Tier 1]

[Spread Tier 2]

[Spread Tier 3]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep your post organized so I can understand how this will work out. This announcement will be updated as time goes by. I will also make sure I'll do my best on my role to make this tournament well.

Examples

Flaws/Limitations of this tournament

Here's the brief information about those flaws:

1. The song difficulty differences between primary and alternative song pools are clearly imbalanced. Someone may have an advantage on one pool over other doing a different pool.
2. The password information seems pretty useless as people preferred to play alone to submit the scores.
3. Not everyone get informed about the tournament started at the set date especially I could've done better carrying out the information.
4. Because of two week duration, this leave a lot of room for procrastination to submit scores.
5. Some people sign up the tournament only to not respond with submitting the scores.
6. If I didn't receive your snapshots of your score (and you said you played in the tournament), it's probably my fault to not add the score in.

This tournament did succeed in getting results, and I will try to make it better on the next point tournament.
Last edited by misterkister on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:50 am, edited 259 times in total.

science666
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SMO Points Tournament

Postby science666 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:23 am

Count me in. It seems better than the other one anyway.

Edit: I want to be in Division 3, for both index and spread.

owenviau1

Postby owenviau1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:38 am

SpaceGorilla

Postby SpaceGorilla » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 am

Totally in, but how are you gonna make sure people don't use low rates? Are you gonna make us take ss' of our whole evaluation screens? (I mean, that works, but where are we gonna put them?)

If it seems doable, I'd like to be in both index d2 and spread d3.
I'm from space.

And I'm a gorilla.

misterkister

Postby misterkister » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:01 pm

Well, low rates online are consider cheating to begin with, and plus with the snapshots taken, I observe and analyze the snapshots to make sure it's been done right so I can calculate the points properly.

Just simply take the snapshot of the Screen evaluation. You either post the snapshots on the same forum topic or just skype/pm/fb me the snapshots as well.

yipyapyop

Postby yipyapyop » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Oh look another tournament k den. I'll join! :P

I'd like to be in index and spread d3.

Nickito12

Postby Nickito12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Count me in for Spread 1

simasx1111

Postby simasx1111 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:10 am

Sounds like phun ^^ Please count me in Spread Tier 1 And index Tier 2 :)

simasx1111

Postby simasx1111 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:53 am

Sorry forgot to say my stepmania name!! name is: simas

Mewbles

Postby Mewbles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:20 am

Count me in Spread Tier 1!

sdq2002

Postby sdq2002 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 am

Count Me In Tier 3

misterkister

Postby misterkister » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:20 am

sdq2002, please specify what tier do you want to be in.

For example: Just say you want to be in Index tier 3, spread tier 3, or both. Just say what tier that are best suit for your skills.

Mewbles

Postby Mewbles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Put me in index tier 1 too.

sdq2002

Postby sdq2002 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Count me In Spread Tier 3

Abaxvahl

Postby Abaxvahl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Spread 1, Index 1.

Will the specific packs be shown eventually? So I know exactly which ones to get.

misterkister

Postby misterkister » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:08 pm

I'll make sure the specific packs/song pool will be available before the deadline to make sure to keep this going.

johnmltx

Postby johnmltx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:04 am

Let's do this, getting back into the scene after damn nearly a decade away.

Count me in, Index Tier 1.

I'm assuming y'all won't mind me sucking up the joint, though.

So, I join the room, play the songs from the packs, and screenshot my final screen?

misterkister

Postby misterkister » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am

gca4evtc1

Postby gca4evtc1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:41 am

Index tier 2 for me! I'll be streaming on twitch.TV/glo315 ill be playing under my gca4evtc1 name. Only question I have for you kister is my key config. You've seen it. Is that okay for index?

misterkister

Postby misterkister » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:40 am

Return to “General Stepmania Discussions”