Random offset issue on SM5 after Windows 10 1511 update?

General stepmania and stepmania online discussions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
R_Sei

Random offset issue on SM5 after Windows 10 1511 update?

Postby R_Sei » Mon May 22, 2017 5:39 am

Hi there. I'm wondering if this issue only happens to me or nah, since it DOES really bugs me ;w;)

Does anyone suffered from random offset issue on Stepmania 5, after Windows 10 1511 update? ;w;)

I'm experiencing, like, the offset on game (not just in SM5, StepF2 also suffers from this (qAq) ) is really random after certain load or such. I remembered it's just about +0.016, but now the offset is gone crazy that it goes beyond +0.1 or even fell down to -0.01

Anyway, I'm running SM5 on ASUS A455LN, with NVIDIA graphics. I also tested it on Ubuntu 16.04, but don't experience this issue ;-;
Keys to passing charts are; listen to the music and mash the pad/keyboard.

SpoOkyGames

Re: Random offset issue on SM5 after Windows 10 1511 update?

Postby SpoOkyGames » Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 am

Windows 10 here. Also, I have a nvidia card as well. I have noticed very minor differences in time. Although, it's barely noticeable to me/nor do I care. However with a +0.1 that is significant... I might as well ask, have you updated your graphics card from nvidia's website?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I keep mine up to date all the time.

Note: I wouldn't bother using the experience program to update the driver. I always use the website. Their program sucks... I only use it to notify me when there is an update...

If this doesn't help, I am unsure myself. It's only a minor difference to me.

Edit: Speaking of which, update for mine... lol
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician on himself.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Stepmania Discussions”